IONA GLAF9105 Air Fryer Curry Puffs
Easy potato spiral curry puff filled with aromatic potato and chicken filling. You can choose to bake the curry puff for a healthier version!
(makes 6-8 puffs)
- 100 gm flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 50 gm softened butter
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50 ml water (approximate)
- 1/2 a rice bowl of chicken & potato curry (thickened)
- 1 boiled egg (cut into 8 pieces)
- Prepare filling. I usually use leftover nonya chicken and potato curry. Dice the chicken finely and simmer curry until potato is mashed and curry is thickened to a paste. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the pastry. Place flours, salt & butter in a mixing bowl.
- Rub butter into flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add oil and stir to mix.
- Add water (1/3 at a time) and mix until lumps are formed. Depending on hte flour, you may need to add more or use less water.
- Pour dough onto a floured surface and knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for half an hour in the fridge.
- Roll out thinly (to 3 mm).
- Use a round pastry cutter (10 cm diameter) to cut round pieces.
- Fill with 1 tbsp of chicken & potato curry and 1/8 of a boiled egg. Add egg first before adding the curry filling. Press to seal the edges securely. Flute the edges.
- Air fry in the air fryer at 180°C for 15 mins or until golden brown. Enjoy!