Green Bean Soup with IONA Purple Clay Slow Cooker
Serves 4 Preparation Time 10 mins Cooking Time 2-4 hours
Green beans (Mung beans) are very popular food, especially in hot summer months. They are also commonly sprouted to make bean sprouts.
In the Chinese ancient medicine book Ben Cao Gang Mu, Green beans are highly recommended not only as a rich source of nutrients but also as a medicine. It mentions Green beans can help to clear heat and toxins from the body, balance the organs and skin, and improve circulation through the 12 channels in the body.
Green beans help to clear body heat and prevent heat stroke, it clears the skin and reduces acne and it removes toxins from the body. Therefore the Green bean soup recipe is suitable to clear body heat and reduce skin rashes.
- 340g of dry Green beans (Mung beans)
- 8 cups of water
- 2 tbsp of sugar to taste
- Place green beans in a large bowl and fill it with cold water.
- This is to wash the beans, remove any duds that float to the top.
- Drain the beans and place into slow cooker. Add 8 cups of water.
- Turn slow cooker on high and set for 4 hours.
- Stir in sugar and cook for another 20 minutes. Serve warm or chill.