Purple rice and red bean congee with IONA Purple Clay Slow Cooker
Natural alkaline food – Purple Rice. In the ancient Chinese medicinal records, Purple rice has the effects of nourishing yin and kidney, strengthening the spleen and warming the liver, improving eyesight and promoting blood circulation.
- Purple rice
- Black rice
- Red rice
- Red beans
- Black beans
* Portion ingredients according to the size of your slow cooker
- Soak purple, black, red rice for at least half a day.
- Place all ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on high heat.
- After the water is boiled, turn heat settings to low.
- Stir it constantly to prevent sticking to pot
- Simmer for 40 minutes until the rice and soybeans are all cooked.