ABC Soup with IONA Purple Clay Slow Cooker
A popular soup in Singapore that is super easy to prepare. ABC soup is a nourishing soup cooked with potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, onions and pork ribs/bones or chicken. The name ABC comes from vitamins A, B and C. It’s nutritious and baby/child friendly. It could be easily turned into a vegetarian dish by omitting the meat.
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Potato
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Chicken Drumsticks
- ½ corn
- 2.5 L of water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Serves 4, portion the ingredients according to the size of your slow cooker
- Remove the skin from the potato and tomato. Place them in a pot of boiling water, after a minute remove and place in a bowl of cold water. The skin will be easily removed.
- Cut all vegetables into chunks or slices.
- For chicken drumstick, remove the skin to opt for a healthier diet.
- Place all ingredients into the slow cooker pot. Set to high to let it boil and once boiled, turn to low to let it simmer for 2-3 hours.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve it hot.