Apple and Snow Fungus Soup with IONA Purple Clay Slow Cooker
Serves 4 Soaking Time Overnight Preparation Time 10 minutes Cooking Time 1 hour
A light and refreshing Chinese dessert soup that is usually served in hot weather, to soothe and nourish the throat. Chinese snow fungus dessert is nourishing and nutritious. Snow fungus is proven to reduce collagen losses in the skin and therefore is hailed as the magical beauty food. The combination with apple makes it more beneficial.
- 1 Snow Fungus
- 1L Water
- 1 Apple
- 4 Red Dates
- ½ table spoon of North Apricot Seeds
- ½ table spoon of South Apricot Seeds
- 70g of Rock Sugar
- Hydrate snow fungus by soaking them in water overnight or for at least 4 hours. Once soften, remove areas which are hard by cutting them away.
- Remove the skin and core of the apple. Cut into smaller chunks.
- Add water to slow cooker and cook on high. Once water boils, add apples, red dates, apricot seeds and snow fungus.
- When the water has boiled again, turn heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes or until apple softens.
- Sweeten with rock sugar.
- Enjoy it chilled or warm.