Old Cucumber Soup with IONA Purple Clay Slow Cooker
Serves 4 Preparation Time 10 minutes Cooking Time 2 hours
Old cucumber soup is a slow cooked Cantonese soup recipe. After simmering at low heat for a couple of hours, the old cucumber will turn really soft and flavorful. The health benefits includes high dietary fiber, iron, calcium and anti-ageing properties. The nutritional benefits of red dates gives natural sweetness to the soup. While dried scallops and oysters add a hint of saltiness.
- 250g Pork Bones
- 6g Ginger
- 8 dried Scallops
- 1 old Cucumber (seeds removed)
- 3 dried Oyster
- 4 Red Dates (seeds removed)
- 2L Water
- 1 tbsp of Gogi Berries
- Bring a pot of water to boil and blanch pork bones with ginger.
- Add water, old cucumber, red dates, gogi berries, dried scallops and dried oysters into a slow cooker pot.
- Set to high heat and bring to a boil, then lower heat to low.
- Allow it to simmer for 90 minutes before serving.