Pulut Hitam (Black Glutinous Rice Sweet Soup) with IONA Purple Clay Slow Cooker
Serves 4 Preparation Time 5 minutes Cooking Time 6 hours
Pulut Hitam is a “so sinful “yet so delicious dessert made of black glutinous rice and coconut milk. This Southeast Asian dessert is then sweetened with palm sugar and rock sugar. This nutritious dessert is a rich source of antioxidants. Having the consistency of rice porridge, this black sticky rice dessert is very rich and creamy in flavor.
- 100g Black Glutinous Rice rinsed
- 2 Pandan Leaves knotted
- 80-100g Palm Sugar, (Gula Melaka) crushed
- 875ml Water
- ½ cup of Coconut Milk
- Salt to taste
- Toss black glutinous rice, pandan leaves and water into the slow cooker.
- Slow cook on high for 6 hours.
- Remove the pandan leaves. Add palm sugar and mix well till it dissolves.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Dish out on individual bowls, drizzle some coconut milk.