Chinese Watercress Soup with IONA Purple Clay Slow Cooker
A simple and nutritious soup that is packed with antioxidants. Known to have cooling properties ideal for Singapore’s hot weather. It is easily found in many food centers and cooked at home. The slightly bitter peppery taste of watercress is mellowed to earthy and sweet from slow cooking. The red dates and wolfberries adds sweetness to the soup and dried scallops add the extra depth of flavor.
- 2L Water
- 500g pork with skin
- 1tbsp sweet almond seeds
- 1 tbsp bitter almond seeds
- 1 honey date
- 10 red dates
- 1 dried squid
- 1 bunch watercress
- Salt to taste
- Blanch pork with boiling water and ginger.
- Add 2L of water into slow cooker and set on high to boil.
- Remove seeds from red dates, cut honey date into half.
- Wash watercress and cut into shorter pieces.
- Remove backbone in the squid.
- When the water boils, place all ingredients in.
- Allow it to boil and set to low and simmer for 3 hours.